Investment Operations Specialist
Department(s): Investment Operations
Reports to: Director, Investment Operations
FLSA Status: Exempt
Position Summary/Essential Functions
The Investment Operations Specialist is responsible for all aspects of portfolio account servicing and problem solving for our Funds and separately managed accounts. There is heavy client service and custodian interaction with a high-volume of e-mails and telephone communication. Staff must be able to work independently, have excellent time management skills, collaborate, and effectively interact as a team member. This position requires a high level of accuracy, attention to detail, and client servicing skills.
- Excellent Client Service Support
- Provide comprehensive client service support by answering questions, recommending solutions that add value in meeting or exceeding the client’s needs, facilitating data or reporting requests, etc.
- Continuously search for opportunities to improve our client experience
- Help educate peers
- Risk Management
- Ensure effective controls are in place across daily tasks and functions to mitigate risk. Identify, document, and implement new risk controls.
- Add, update, and maintain Risk Self-Assessment documentation
- Ensure timely reporting and escalation of exceptions/issues to supervisors and/or managers
- Process Development and Improvement
- Help to develop and implement efficient processes and workflows as our business grows and changes
- Proactively review current processes to identify areas where efficiency can be improved and/or risks mitigated. Implement best in class controls, universal standards, follow industry best practices.
- Work closely with different teams including CRT, Trading, Compliance, Investment, etc. to implement process, system, and product changes
- Operations Functions
- Data Setup/Maintenance
- Responsible for setting up and maintaining account data integrity
- Security setup, maintenance, and pricing
- Reference data and table maintenance
- Reconciles client and/or fund account against custodial records daily. Research cash and security discrepancies. Update and maintain record keeping as necessary in the portfolio accounting system according to internal control and/or regulatory requirements.
- Trade Processing/Settlement
- Work with trading team to ensure timely settlement of executed trades
- Facilitate trade settlement by notifying custodians and helping to resolve any settlement issues. Act as a liaison between executing brokers, traders, and custodian banks.
- Reporting and Control
- Month-end or quarterly statement/reports production
- Develop and maintain ad hoc or custom reports
- Generate reports and provide data/information for clients, Investment team, and Client Service team
- Participate in audit review and other regulatory reporting as required
- Portfolio Accounting and Performance Measurement
- Timely and accurate recordkeeping of transactions in client and/or fund accounts, including but not limited to income posting and corporate action events
- Verify and follow up on cash flows ensuring timely and accurate processing and trouble-shooting. Provide daily cash balances to the Trading team.
- Coordinate and help maintain GIPS compliant composites and work with independent verification firm for composite verification
- Data Setup/Maintenance
- Ad hoc requests
Necessary Skills and Qualifications
- Strong dedication to quality client service
- Excellent verbal, written, and organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with minimal supervision while working effectively as part of a team
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Operates with a sense of urgency; ability to meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Aptitude for on the job learning
- Working knowledge of Advent APX and Microsoft Office, including Excel
To be considered, candidates must submit a resume that specifically outlines your qualifications for the position.
If you wish to apply for this position, please e-mail the above items to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please place the job title in the subject line of your email.
We offer competitive salaries and generous benefits.
Sands Capital Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer.